Tuesday 9 September 2014

Five for ...whoops! I'm late!

It's Tuesday morning. I forgot to link up to Five for Friday, but I'm doing it now. I'm dawdling at home a bit this morning because I have a School Council meeting after school which means I'll be at school until 9pm. No need to be at school before 8am today!

http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com.au/2014/09/five-for-friday-linky-party-september.html

-one-
On Thursday my class worked on making Father's Day cards. Here is our awesome card. On the inside it compares the card-receiver to superheroes (eg. you are as brave as Batman). We did lots of talking about how Father's Day things don't just have to be for fathers (I've got a few kids without dads).

-two-
We also did some handprints which we turned into superheroes:


-three-

Up until last week I had individual jobs for my students - everyone had a job. It was frustrating having to check the board every time I needed a student to do their job, because I couldn't remember who was doing which job that week. So, last week I introduced Daily Helpers. Two different kids each day get to do all of the jobs for the day. It's working so much better already!


-four-

I also made new classroom rules. Only five of them. We repeat them each morning - my kids are getting a bit restless with the end of term 3 approaching and they needed a reminder about appropriate behaviour.


-five-

I have also introduced iPad time for my whole class twice a week. I use iPad time for a few of my kids as 'break' time (those that need it) but some of the other kids were playing up to try to 'get a break'. So instead, every Monday and Friday my whole class gets 10-15min on the iPad straight after recess time - they love it!!

Off to work, now!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jemima,
    I found the same thing with every child having a job. This year I started the daily helpers and it is sooo much easier. Two people to do everything all day, much better!
    The superhero hand prints are too cute! I loooove kids drawings, the individuality is amazing.
    Have a great week!

    Zoe
    Oh the Little Wonders

    ReplyDelete