Saturday 18 January 2014

My first post

Hello blog land. Welcome to my new blog. Eeek, that's a bit of pressure.

I have been thinking about starting a blog for a while. There are some amazing teacher bloggers whose blogs I read, and they are so inspiring! I decided maybe I could try my hand at it. I've got a few products up on TpT, have been obsessed with Pinterest for a while and have been putting photos up on Instagram, so this is the next step.

I am a Prep teacher in Victoria, Australia. I love my job! I love everything about it - yep, even meetings. I see myself as very lucky to have found a career I love and a job which is so enjoyable. I didn't always want to be a teacher. In fact, I studied photography straight out of high school. But it wasn't for me. I have found that photography is more suited as a hobby for me. I didn't know what to do after I left my photography degree, so I started working part time jobs and looking for 'a purpose'... A family friend is a primary teacher, she had a grade 1/2 class at that stage, so I asked to volunteer in her room for a bit (not really thinking that I'd like it - too many kids...). But I loved it!! I volunteered one day a week for three terms. Yep, it totally changed my life. Sounds a bit lame, but so true! I got back in to uni, studied my butt off, and got a job at a beautiful school. This is my third year teaching, and my third year at that school. Love it!

I'm looking forward to getting into the world of teacher blogging, getting better at making products to put on TpT that will suit my kids and maybe some other kids too, and learning from the amazing teachers out there. I'm a bit of nerd and just adore reading about other people's classrooms and teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment