Friday 2 May 2014

Currently May

I'm linking to Farley at Oh Boy 4th Grade for her monthly Currently linkup. Currently for May...


To explain.
Listening: It is about 9 degrees celsius here tonight, so I have the heater on. And my electric blanket is warming up my bed for me. Winter is coming!
Loving: I have the end of a cold, and it was a huge week at work this week, so a sleep in tomorrow sounds amazing.
Thinking: I am the reports coordinator for my school, and reports are due in about 6 weeks, so I have report writing on the brain.
Wanting: This year my school is starting Student Led Conferences. I have never done one before. I've been reading all of the blog posts I can find on the topic, but other tips would be amazing!
Needing: I have had a present sitting on my desk for about two months waiting to be posted to a very good friend of mine who lives in England. I've known her for 14 years!!
Surprise: I just connected up with Lauren Kuhn of Love, Laughter, and Learning in Prep  on Instagram after reading her blog for ages. I love her Stirring Up Fun! product on TpT. It's free and it has recipes for different sensory concoctions - awesome!

Thanks, Farley, for an awesome linkup!!

5 comments:

  1. I've been looking into student-led conferences as well! Sounds like such an interesting idea. Amanda over at One Extra Degree has some good ideas!

    Sara :)
    The Colorful Apple

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had some wicked crazy weather here this year so I'm glad summer is finally showing up around here. I hope you don't have to experience all that where you are at.

    Heather
    The Busy Busy Hive

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree with sleeping in! I ♥ the weekends!

    Dana
    Prepping for the Primary Gridiron

    ReplyDelete
  4. Student Led Interviews with Prep - sticky note pages in their books they want to share with their parents as there is not enough time to show everything. Have the children practise introducing you to their parents and practise sharing with a partner what they are going to say. I hope this helps!

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jemima,

    Thanks so much for the lovely shout out!

    Hope you had a lovely sleep in - I was up early yesterday morning but was able to grab a few extra hours of snoozing today. :)

    Lauren
    Love, Laughter and Learning in Prep!

    Did you know that you are a 'no reply' blogger? That means I can't reply to your blog comments by email.

    ReplyDelete