Sunday 11 May 2014

Five for Fri... Sunday... whoops!

Week 3 of term 2 was a tough week. Yep, that was last week. My new student has some difficult behaviours so it threw my class through the ringer. I was emotional, too, because it had taken me ten weeks to get my class settled (I have an eclectic mix of 22 students, and only 6 girls!). But we made some inroads towards the end of the week, and I'm looking forward to a fresh start to week 4! We will be on day 55 of school for the year, so we're moving along.

I'm the Reports Coordinator at my school. This is my first year doing it, so I went to training on Wednesday and it totally freaked me out - there is heaps to do! I just have to get a handle on things, and I will.

So on to more fun things:

http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com.au/2014/05/five-for-friday-linky-party-may-9th.html

-one-
I run a Craft Club for prep-2s twice a term. This time we made 3D collages. It was tricky, but they did a great job! They got to experiment with cellophane, aluminium foil, bubble wrap, tissue paper, foam shapes and ribbon. Oh, and lots of sticky tape!
-two-
On Monday we focused on counting backwards in Maths. My students made rockets, and added the countdown numbers. They were just adorable!! I basically just modelled how to make one, then handed the paper over to them and let them create it the way they wanted to do it. One of my little guys put his hand up and said "Miss Luck, I've already got a picture in my head of my rocket!". Love it!!
-three-
For Mother's Day my students made flower pictures, gift vouchers and cards. The flower pictures were gorgeous. They had to cut out three different sized "circles" in different colours, and layer them onto the paper. Then they got to add a sparkly diamante sticker to the middle of each flower. I love how bright they are. I got the idea somewhere on Pinterest, but I can't find it at the moment. (not all of the them chose to use black paper, but I happened to mention that bright colours look great on black paper, so a few went that way)


 -four-
I got a new Wantable box this month. I don't love it, and I think I'm going to cancel the subscription. But it was fun to try!!

-five-
I've kept this plant alive since before Christmas!! It was a gift from one of my students last year. But I have no idea what it's called. Anyone??? So far (thanks to Instagram) I've found out that it is a succulent. I don't know anymore than that.

I've got a four day week with kids, then a Curriculum Day on Friday. I have decided to theme the whole week around Pirates!! I can't wait. I will take lots of photos and post them at the end of the week.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Jemima,

    I'm so looking forward to hearing if the pirate ten frame game goes well with your class! :) You'll have to take some photos for me. My kidlets would love to see others playing their favourite game.

    Did you know that you are a no-reply blogger? That means that I can't reply to your comments by email. I think Blogger automatically sets your profile as no-reply, I just googled how to change it when I started blogging. :)

    Lauren
    Love, Laughter and Learning in Prep!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lauren,

      I'll definitely take photos! I'll have to show my students the photos you've put up - so they can see other kids playing the game.

      I think I've fixed the no-reply thing. Thanks for letting me know!

      Jemima
      Luck's Little Learners

      Delete