Saturday 17 May 2014

Keep calm and go interactive

I'm very jealous of all the Go-Noodlers out there at the moment. My interactive whiteboard went out of action at the end of last term (7 weeks ago) and we haven't been able to use it. On Thursday it was unplugged, disconnected and taken away for servicing. I should get it back in about a week. I can't wait!! There are so many things that I normally do with my SMARTBoard that I've been struggling to do. I always model handwriting on IWB because it is big and I have a screenshot of the lines we use. I love using the IWB for brain breaks (like GoNoodle or Koo Koo Kangaroo YouTube clips). I do my modelled writing on the IWB so that I can save it and refer to it the next day. We do whole group Mathletics on the IWB. I have digital flashcards for high frequency words. And the list goes on. Basically, I can't wait until it's back.

I've got a question.
What are your favourite things to do with an Interactive Whiteboard??

2 comments:

  1. Oh I know how you feel! My last school had a great IWB and it worked perfectly - the one at my current school basically works as a projector and a screen.... it makes me so sad! At least I can use it, even if not interactively! I haven't checked out Mathletics for Foundation children - I will have to check it out!
    Have a great week!

    Alison

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alison,

      I often just use my IWB as a projector, so I don't always make the most of it. Definitely check out Mathletics for the little ones, it's great. I just sent my preps home with their logins this week.

      Delete