Friday 25 July 2014

Five for Friday - End of a busy week!

I've had a pretty nuts week. Extra meetings, first aid training, and a tough time with a couple of my students. As a debrief and unwind, here are my Five for Friday.

http://doodlebugsteaching.blogspot.com.au/2014/07/five-for-friday-linky-party-july-25th.html

-one-
I received my first BellaBox subscription box in the mail today!


I received four lip products and one eye product. I'm really interested to try the eye product because it's a waterproof topcoat for mascara. My most favourite mascara is by Arbonne, but it's not waterproof so it'll be interesting to see how they work together.

-two-
We have been madly GoNoodle-ing in my class the past two weeks, and we have graduated one champ and we are on to our second. My students beg for Let It Go, Everything is Awesome and Happy every chance they get! Let It Go works like magic when I want them to calm down and sit quietly for a minute or two. I'm going to do a proper post about GoNoodle at a later stage.

-three-
My hair is finally long enough to go back into a ponytail!! I've been growing it for a while, so this is very exciting!


-four-
This weekend I'm going to be prepping for our 100th Day celebration. Due to timetabling and other events we are having our party on our 102nd day of school. But I'm going to make it extra special! I might even squeeze a bit of celebrating into the days leading up to it given that we are celebrating on Thursday. I've read some awesome posts today from Books, Bugs & Boxes and Rainbow Lily Designs about their 100th Day celebrations and I'm very inspired by all the fun ideas!

-five-
I've joined the Outlander by Diana Gabaldon band-wagon. I'm reading Cross Stitch (which is the first book in the series on the Australian iBooks store) and I'm really enjoying it!! I'm terrible at accents but I sometimes find myself reading the dialogue of the Scots in my head with a Scottish accent (or as close as I can manage). I'm late to join in, but I'm already excited about the new TV show that is coming!

After a doozy of a week, I'm very glad it's Friday!!

6 comments:

  1. OMG about Diana Gabaldon! If you get a chance listen to the audio version and you can get a better understanding of the accents and pronunciations of words! You will love all of the books!
    Carol
    Teachers Are Terrific!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's an awesome idea Carol!! I'm also hoping they do some great accents in the TV show they're making.

      Delete
  2. I've heard about GoNoodle. Not sure if my kids would enjoy it, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to give it a try! I’m gearing up for a big giveaway on my blog on August 11 - come stop by so you don’t miss it!!
    Sarah
    Beyond The Gradebook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew my kids would because I used a lot of YouTube songs/dances etc with my kids before starting GoNoodle. But it's definitely worth giving it a go - it's free!

      Delete
  3. Hi Jemima,
    I've been thinking about doing GoNoodle with my kids. We've recently started doing Cosmic Kids Yoga which they love.
    I look forward to reading your post to learn a bit more about it :)

    Zoe
    Oh the Little Wonders

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Zoe,
      GoNoodle is fun! I haven't come across Cosmic Kids Yoga, but I've used the Super Stretch App (yoga) with students in previous years. Anything to get those wiggles out.

      Delete