Tuesday 8 July 2014

Meet Me - The Teaching Tribune Linky

I know I'm super late joining in with this linky, but I've so enjoyed reading other bloggers responses that I decided better late than never.


1. I have always loved reading. My mum is a trained art teacher and she loved to do crafty things with us when my sister and I were little. We often had friends over to have craft parties.

2. Well, I wouldn't necessarily want to change my name to this, but I found it so hard to think of anything else that I thought I'd share this - my mum had been tossing up between Jemima and Pleasance for my name when I was born, and it's always fascinated me that I might have been Pleasance instead.

3. I've had a few doozies. I teach prep (5 and 6 year olds) and they are not normally very quick at getting to a bin before they vomit, so I've had quite a few instances of vomit on tables, in laps and on the floor. One of my students in my first year of teaching decided to spin around in circles, then stop right near our bag lockers and whack his head into them. There was quite a lot of blood, and I was very glad there were a few parents around to help. On an excursion last year one of my students missed the step getting onto a train and he fell down in between the train and a platform. Thank goodness I was holding his arm at the time (trying to help him get on) so I was able to catch him. And, last one, the same kid who hit his head on the bag lockers also got right up in a visiting dogs face and the dog nipped him on the nose - the kid was hysterical about it, and the dog never visited again.

4. My most favourite children's movie is Mr Magorium's Wonder Emporium, and I would love to meet Mr Magorium! He's super cool!

5. I have one sister and she is 3 days short of being two years younger than me. This meant we had a lot of joint birthday parties growing up. Not always my favourite thing, but it meant that the budget for the one party was that little bit bigger - one year we had a jumping castle in our backyard!!

6. I love pancakes with maple syrup, but on a cold morning yummy warm porridge is also amazing!

I haven't linked up much with The Teaching Tribune Summer Blogin' Series, but I've loved reading everyone elses posts!!


2 comments:

  1. Wouldn't it be interesting to know if you life would have been different if you had a different name - I always wondered that!

    Alison
    Teaching Maths with Meaning

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure would be. My name is relatively unusual but it's also linked to two icons - Jemima Puddle Duck and Jemima from Play School - so I've always had those two things linked to me. It'd be strange if it was different.

      Delete