Saturday 1 February 2014

Five for Friday (but written on Saturday...)

What a week!! It was our first week of a new school year this week. And it was fantastic! I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday.


-one-
I was exhausted Friday evening, which is why this post wasn't written on Friday. And during the day on Friday my voice kept going funny. Five weeks off means lots of rest for your voice, and three days with a group of 20 preps means lots more talking! It will take some getting used to.

-two-
At my school we are super lucky to have a brand new Intervention Teacher. For this week she spent time with my class to help the preps settle in. On the first day, one of my new preppies went up to her to tell her that she liked her "chocolate fingers". I was standing with the teacher and we both looked at each other in bewilderment, until the preppie pointed to the teacher's fingernails. The teacher had painted her nails with a purpley/brown colour which, to that child, looked like chocolate. It was hilarious! I love what little kids say.

-three-
I'm finding it really tough getting back into the swing of learning intentions and success criteria. We are supposed to share our learning intention with our class during every 'core subject' lesson, and then develop the success criteria with them. I didn't have to do it for the first three days of school, but I have to start next week. Writing it has been tricky - I have to get back into that headspace!

-four-
A selfie of me in my "home away from home".

This is from Instagram. If you want to follow me I'm @jemluck


-five-
I'm having a sister date tonight! My sister and I are going to eat fish and chips and watch a girly movie. I love hanging out with her, and we've both been so busy so it will be nice to just relax and catch-up!

Have a great weekend!!


No comments:

Post a Comment